The Church at Ponce & Highland was established in 1914 as Druid Hills Baptist Church and since its inception has been a church oriented towards innovation and growth. The Church at Ponce & Highland enjoyed many firsts among Baptist churches in the south including the first vacation Bible School, the first church day camp and the first co-ed adult class. Through the years, the Church at Ponce & Highland has continued to evolve to meet the needs of the community. It is now one of the last Baptist churches in downtown Atlanta and is located in a very diverse neighborhood at the corner of Ponce and Highland.
The church sanctuary is strikingly beautiful and is often rented for wedding services. It has also served as the site of choral concerts including the Atlanta Boy Choir, Coro Vocati, and the Meridian Choral. In 2009, the Church at Ponce & Highland worked with an architecture firm to develop the acoustic and worshipful qualities of the sanctuary, create a beautiful site for the main focus of the Selah Center and a theatre for drama groups of all types to utilize. We seek to be a community oriented church that is open to all.
C@PH is presently involved in the following ministries:
- Preparing meals for the Journey Men’s shelter.
- Preparing a meal and movie for the homeless in the neighborhood.
- Mission trips to Guatemala.
- Participating with the Intown Collaborative Ministries Non-Profit Organization
- Supports the Emergency Needs Food Pantry of the ICM, which provides nutritious food and social service information to those in need.
- Participating in the clothing ministry of Intown Collaborative Ministries, which provides clothes for interviews, work, and everyday life to the needy.